Interview: Lee Yi-kyung On “Royal Secret Agent” & What He Values Most In A Relationship

You may remember him from “6/45”, “Eulachacha Waikiki 2”, and “Children of Nobody”, Lee Yi-kyung (이이경) has been winning hearts with each new role. His recent role in “Royal Secret Agent” ( 암행어사) is no exception.

Here, the 32-year-old star portrays the talkative, affectionate, and tearful Park Chun-Sam – who happens to be the servant of Sung Yi-Gyeom (played by Kim Myung-Soo). Find out what drew him to the role, what inspired him to become an actor and what he values most in a relationship.

1. What is the reason why you are attracted to the script and role of “Royal Secret Agent”?

First of all, I had so much fun reading the script page by page after receiving it. I was also excited about how I would act as Chun-sam, a member of the royal secret agent team. Also, I could feel the excitement when I read the script because the message conveyed by the work called ‘encouraging good and punishing evil’ was correct.

2.Which part of the series did you find most attractive?

The series “Royal Secret Agent” has a charm like a comprehensive gift set with romance, detective, comics, and the soda-like excitement in the struggle of solving cases. And I think the feeling of the work made by young actors is a big factor that makes it a more attractive series.

3. What was challenging about your role in this series compared to other modern series?

For an actor, the opportunity to act in a historical series is another interesting and an honour. It’s even more that I can play the past where my ancestors have lived, but I haven’t. From the way you speak, your walk, your clothes, everything may be awkward, but I think that putting on a costume is the beginning of acting.

4. Do you have a favourite scene?

The chemistry of the three royal secret agent team members is improving day by day, so it is hard to pick only one scene. When the three of us act together, the excessive ad-libs make the scene more interesting. If there is chemistry between the actors, you can’t help but love all of the scenes.

5. What was it like playing the role of a faithful slave in the series?

It was not easy to act in straw shoes during cold winter days. As a result, I have to make my feet bigger to keep them warm. I’m worried that the viewers would be uncomfortable seeing my bigger feet.

6. You can act in both serious and comical roles, which one do you prefer and why?

There is always the opposite desire. Someone may feel pitiful about it. From my point of view of acting, when I do comic acting, on the contrary, I develop a thirst for serious acting, and vice versa. However, on the other hand, I think it’s a good thing to broaden my acting spectrum and challenge myself without being biased towards one role.

7. You took a pretty comical role in the series. Is your usual personality funny and humorous?

I’m usually careful and quiet. However, when I act on a character, I try to overdo it and feel the atmosphere. When acting as a comical character, it can be expressed as starting up the engine. I want to play a character that can reflect my true self someday.

8. Fans are looking forward to the bromance between actor Kim Myung-Soo and you. What was it like acting with the K-pop star?

The more I acted with actor Kim Myung-soo, the more I’m surprised. Not only does he work hard, but he is also an actor who makes the other person feel comfortable. He is a considerate actor and a wonderful actor who completes the scene by keeping his role accurately.

9. Is there a reason why you wanted to be an actor? Was there someone who inspired you?

I didn’t grow up watching a lot of TV or movies. Watching a series called “Iris” while serving in the army makes me so happy. I started of curiosity about wouldn’t it be happier if I act in person? After entering Seoul Institute of the Arts, I began to understand acting more deeply as I entered the theater, and I am still learning by acting. I always get inspiration from my fellow actors.

10. What is the most difficult and satisfying aspect of your life as an actor?

I think it’s most satisfying when the viewers’ reaction is positive. However, it isn’t easy to be 100% satisfied while monitoring your acting. I could’ve been better with my eyes, hands, and more. So I’d keep that in mind when filming the next scene.

11. In the series, contrary to the present, what kind of qualities do you want the servant to have if you play the master?

I think loyalty is the most important thing. I think it is difficult to form a deep relationship without loyalty.

12. What did you prepare for the role you played in this series?

I gained 10kg, and even develop a little crude swaggering steps and a slightly flippant tone. I learned how to hone my tone and deliver Chun-sam’s cute charm without being hated.

13. Please leave a message to international K-drama fans!

Hi, I’m Lee Yi-kyung. Thank you for loving Park Chun-sam in our drama and me. Although it’s a historical series, I’m glad it has received love from international fans where they can laugh together and be sad together.

As an actor, I will work hard to show you good acting and become an actor capable of repaying your love. Please continue to watch us, and please pay a lot of attention until the end of the series. I love you.

The post Interview: Lee Yi-kyung On “Royal Secret Agent” & What He Values Most In A Relationship appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments