Janna Nick Apologises Over “Lisa BLACKPIG” Controversy

Janna Nick is aiming to put an end to her long overdue bad blood with local K-pop fans once and for all.

The local celeb finally came forward with a public apology after she was called out for allegedly insulting BLACKPINK’s Lisa by naming a movie character “Lisa BLACKPIG”.

Source: Instagram

“As the director and producer for the movie ‘Delen’, I take the responsibility to say sorry to those who have been affected and hurt by the caption,” Janna said in a virtual press conference held on Thursday (25th February).

The lawyer representing Janna (full name Nurul Jannah Muner), Ben Syazmin, then clarified, “Lisa BLACKPIG does not represent BLACKPINK member Lisa in any way. It is a tribute to the latter as the movie character could never be at the same level as her (Lisa).”

Source: Rotikaya

Meanwhile, the “Semerah Cinta Humaira” actress revealed she had pressed legal action against the culprit who sparked the provocation by re-uploading an old footage of her allegedly insulting the late K-pop star Jonghyun. “I have to take this matter seriously. This is because the video resurfaced 3 years after it was uploaded and I would never make fun of the issue at all, it’s not possible that the words came from my own mouth,” Janna explained.

“Because of that, I was accused of being insensitive for disrespecting a non-Muslim’s death,” she further added in the conference. She then continued, “Regarding the comment given to an ustaz, I felt like I was slandered and ill-treated. I didn’t mention such words or even posted it on my social media accounts. As a result, I’ve received so many criticisms and this include death threats. Therefore, I had to resort for police action.”

During the 30-minute long session, it was also revealed that the cops have been working with the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) to detect the identity of the social media users who had posted the false claims.

Source: Utusan.

The post Janna Nick Apologises Over “Lisa BLACKPIG” Controversy appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments