K-pop Fans Are Trending “#JannaNickIsGoingToJailParty For These Reasons

Janna Nick and Sharifah Sakinah found themselves facing the wrath of K-pop fans all over the nation.

This came after a video of the celebrity duo mocking SHINee member Jonghyun’s death back in 2018 resurfaced on social media again.

Source: Instagram

In the 8-second long video shot at a hair salon, Sakinah poked fun at Janna, whose hair seemed like it had been bleached light blonde, saying that she looked like the deceased singer-songwriter. While the former had since publicly apologised for her action, the latter emphasised that she didn’t know what Sakinah was asking because the salon was quite noisy at that time.

“And I, in the name of Allah, didn’t know at all that she was talking about the dead. I don’t care if people want to say I’m playing victim, I’m just being honest. I cannot tolerate that the video from 2018 being re-uploaded even though Sakinah has explained that I wasn’t involved,” said the “Melastik Ke Hatimu” actress.

Source: Instagram

She added, “I came up with this post because I want to tell you this; I swear by God, I have no idea about the video of the Korean artiste. I didn’t even know that Sakinah was referring to him in the recording. I was just laughing (at her).”

The “Melodi” MC also added that she will not remain silent on the matter because the criticism online have gotten out of hand. “Some even brought up about my mother! What is this, kids? This is rather over-the-top. This is not funny and I have been slandered.”

Source: I Am Lejen

Just when we thought that the controversy ended there, local netizens apparently had another bone to pick with the starlet!

Since yesterday evening, the hashtag “#JannaNickIsGoingToJailParty” has been trending all over Twitter. It appears that K-pop fans got behind the movement after venting out their frustration towards Janna for several reasons, and this include her insulting comment about BLACKPINK’s Lisa.

In the screenshot, Janna allegedly mocked the group’s name while promoting her directed movie titled “Delen” by referring one of the character’s name as Lisa BLACKPIG. This has in turn sparked a major uproar among fans (especially BLINKs).

In this case, a lot of them called Janna out and bashed her for allegedly disrespecting their favourite idol. Not only that, others also flooded the hashtag by urging fellow Twitterjaya members to boycott Janna’s works as well as lodging reports on her social media accounts.

As a result of the massive backlash, Janna’s Instagram account has since been deactivated. Check out what they said here:

Source: Twitter

At the time of writing (Monday, 22nd February), the hashtag in question is still trending on Twitter, while Sakinah hasn’t even bothered to address the circulated clip.

The post K-pop Fans Are Trending “#JannaNickIsGoingToJailParty For These Reasons appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments