“It’s Better Like This”: Nur Sajat Wants To Renounce Islam?

A snippet taken from Nur Sajat‘s live broadcast from her now-deactivated Instagram account has been circulating online since last night (Monday, 1st March).

The 1-minute and 48-second clip shows the controversial public figure hinted at converting to other religion! Though, it is not specifically disclosed on when the exact time the video was uploaded.

“I read (somewhere), it’s not wrong for us to do research of other religions, right? Because we didn’t do anything, but people blame us for being bad. After JAIS (Selangor Islamic Religious Department) came up with the statement, I’ve grown lazy to think about it,” Sajat said in the clip.

She then clarified, “I’m not saying this as a threat. By oath for the sake of my name, my father’s name and my mother’s name, I no longer wants to be a Muslim. I will leave Islam, it would be better like this. I’m not joking, I’m serious. They were the ones who made me want to quit the religion. They pushed me away farther from Islam.”

“Maybe they thought that they could give me a lesson (from what happened), but no. I became more terrified, I feel it’s better for me to leave Islam. Because I was born a Muslim and I just follow everything my mother taught me, I did. Turns out…. I don’t know,” the clip ended there.

Prior to this, it was reported that the Selangor police have offered their help in assisting JAIS in detecting the queer entrepreneur’s whereabouts. Acting Police Chief, Datuk Arjunaidi Mohamed, briefly stated, “We are always ready to help JAIS track down Nur Sajat.”

Meanwhile, JAIS director Datuk Shahzihan Ahmad explained that the religious department has always cooperated with the police in enforcing not only the Syariah Criminal Enactment, but in all matters. “JAIS will continue to work with the PDRM in imposing all laws, including those related to this case,” he was quoted as saying.

Source: Harian Metro.

The post “It’s Better Like This”: Nur Sajat Wants To Renounce Islam? appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments