Singer Kim Doma Dies; Rapper Keith Ape Only Has 3 To 6 Months To Live

It’s truly a sad day for die-hard fans of the Korean indie (K-indie) music scene.

Earlier this week, it has been confirmed that Kim Doma (김도마), a member of the band DOMA has sadly passed away last week. She was just 28 years old.

Doma
Source: Instagram

Doma’s fellow bandmate, Geonu took to his Instagram recently to relay the unfortunate news to their fans. According to the guitarist, the situation wasn’t “clearly organised” at that time, so he could only inform a few people around him regarding Doma’s sudden passing.

The cause of the female vocalist’s death has not been revealed, as of time of writing (Tuesday, 23rd March). However, it’s believed that the funeral was held on Monday in Jeonju. “When the specific details are confirmed, I will share them with you then,” Geonu wrote on his post.

The sudden tragic news of the singer’s death indeed came as a shocking one to fans. In this case, just 6 days ago, Doma posted a clip of her band preparing for their upcoming album on her Instagram, @domaccoli.

In another shocking news, Korean rapper Keith Ape (키스 에이프) made headlines this week after he uploaded a picture of him receiving treatment at the hospital a couple of days ago. Keith Ape (real name Lee Dong Heon) revealed that he doesn’t have much time left on this earth. A lot of fans were completely surprised by the hip-hop star’s revelation, as they had no idea that he’s been in such condition.

“Good news for my haters, my doctor said I only got 3 to 6 months left. Nah (You know what I) mean? I’m gonna do the feature without any payments. For those who want to give me a little part of inspiration for my music life, or those who I grew up with or even someone I looked up to, DM me. I want to (make as much noise) as I can before I leave this planet,” the 27-year-old shared.

Source: Instagram

For those curious, the late Doma made her debut back in 2015 and was well-known among K-indie listeners for her dreamy singing voice. Meanwhile, Keith Ape debuted in 2013 and gained international attention thanks to his viral song titled “It G Ma” in 2015.

Sources: Jazmine Media (1)(2).

The post Singer Kim Doma Dies; Rapper Keith Ape Only Has 3 To 6 Months To Live appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments