M’sian VVIP’s Queer Sister-In-Law Claims Muslims Pray Because They’re Forced To?

A woman, who’s believed to be a sister-in-law to a local politician, has sparked controversy after she pointed out that Muslims – particularly in Malaysia – are being forced to perform religious practices, including praying and fasting.

For context, the controversy started after a video of her kissing her female partner (which was taken from her IG post) went viral online. Refusing to stay silent about the matter, she came up with a lengthy clip on her YouTube channel to address the issue in person.

Source: @viral_kini_official

“Honestly, I’m fine, I’m good, thanks. I chose this way of life because it makes me happy. It’s who I am, it’s who I’ve always been. Living in Malaysia where you’re born into the religion, and there’s no way out. Basically, you’re just forced to stay in the religion and you don’t have the choice,” the lady claimed.

She added. “To me, the basic human right is to have this choice. You have to be able to choose your religion. Let’s say, this religion doesn’t fit me, because it says homosexuals are sinful and they will go to hell. So why should I practise this religion? It’s as simple as that.”

Source: YouTube

The woman in the video then revealed, “Anyways, besides the LGBT part, I’m not a practising Muslim. I don’t pray five times a day, I don’t fast, I don’t do all these things. And I’m gonna tell you one thing, maybe 80% of Malays in Malaysia, who are ‘claiming’ to be Muslims are not practising either. They’re just forced to do it because they have no choice. All these Malays are trapped.”

“The education system is so bad, and we’re just basically moulded from the moment we were born. We just have no choice. I know so many wish for their lives to be different, but they can’t do anything about it because they have to conform to society, to the rules and regulations and also to the laws of the country,” the Malaysian said. It’s understood that she’s now residing in France with her partner.

Source: YouTube

The comments section of her vlog has been flooded with various mixed remarks from netizens. In this case, there were a few who voiced out their support towards her. Others also prayed that she will find the right path and will repent one day, to which she openly disagrees.

Source: Murai.

The post M’sian VVIP’s Queer Sister-In-Law Claims Muslims Pray Because They’re Forced To? appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments