Singer Jamal Abdillah Apologises Over SOPs Breaching, “I Should’ve Been More Aware”

Datuk Jamal Abdillah, 62, has issued an apology to fellow Malaysians for the misunderstanding that occurred after his mistake in fulfilling an invitation to eat durian in a gathering at a farm in Kampung Poh, Bidor, Perak last Friday.

The photo that went viral has caused an outburst among citizens and became a public dispute as the singer was involved in a social event that seems to have violated the standard operating procedures (SOP) implemented by the government. 

Source: BH Online

Commenting on the allegations of violating the SOPs and the Movement Control Order (MCO) 3.0, Jamal hoped that the public would not repeat his mistakes. “I would like to apologize. It doesn’t matter if it’s wrong or not, I still want to apologize. As a Malaysian, I should be aware of the SOPs and the current situation in Covid-19 pandemic. But that is my situation, in wanting to take care of people’s hearts, I didn’t realize that my actions were wrong,” the legendary singer said.

Jamal, whose full name is Jamal Ubaidillah Mohd Ali, explained that he was at the farm to get fertilizers for his fish pond business.  

Source: Twitter

I went to the supplier’s place to get the fertilizers for my fish pond business in Bukit Merah. When I was there, some friends invited me to try some durians because by chance, a lot of durians fell that day. So I sat down to eat. At first, there weren’t many people, just me and my wife along with my two friends, the fertiliser supplier and the owner of the durian orchard. Because of the fans, I did not want to be arrogant, so I sat down to eat,” he continued.

The pop king believes that his friend may have sent a message to another friend regarding his whereabouts.

Source: Twitter

Then one individual came after another, and it became a gathering. Coincidentally, there was also a karaoke set there. When I was eating, I took off my face mask and they asked me to sing a song. Maybe there were individuals in the village who were dissatisfied and spread our pictures. If I am too naïve, I’m said to be pretentious,” Jamal added. “When I follow their request, this is how it turns out. However, I went back home after eating. I have no problem crossing the state as I have a letter permitting me to travel.”

Tapah District Police Chief, Superintendent Wan Azharuddin Wan Ismail was reported to have said that they have obtained the testimony of the singer and several individuals believed to be traders and villagers to assist with the investigation. 

Source: Twitter

Jamal had testified at the Tapah Police Station, saying that the matter is still under investigation.

Sources: BH Online, Astro Gempak

The post Singer Jamal Abdillah Apologises Over SOPs Breaching, “I Should’ve Been More Aware” appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments