Hye-ri Says BF Ryu Jun-yeol Monitored Every Episode Of “My Roommate Is A Gumiho”

Have y’all watched “My Roommate Is A Gumiho” starring Hye-ri (이혜리) and Jang Ki-yong (장기용)? In case you haven’t, the rom-com/fantasy K-drama aired its last episode yesterday (Thursday, 15th July).

The K-pop idol-turned-actress recently sat down for an interview to commemorate the series’ finale. For those curious, Hye-ri took on the role of a college student, majoring in Korean history, who falls in love with a 999-year-old Gumiho (nine-tailed fox) named Shin Woo-yeo (played by Jang Ki-Yong).

Source: tvN

“I remember when I first met my character Lee Dam. My heart fluttered,” Hye-ri opened up. “I felt I wanted the viewers to experience the same feeling as well. The film set was so warm and the ambiance was always good. It was so fun filming that I’m sad that it has ended. I was so happy being able to work with such good people.”

The Girl’s Day member then explained, “I think the compliment, ‘I can’t imagine other actors playing the role Dam other than Hye-ri’ made me the happiest. I feel like Dam’s character is similar to me in the sense that she’s very clear with what she wants, she’s honest and direct. So I really wanted to participate in this drama.”

“There were a lot of scenes that were similar to the webtoon so I think a lot of people had high expectations. So I always contemplated on how I can increase the resemblance and synchronisation. I put a lot of thought into how I can express Dam better for viewers to enjoy,” Hye-ri further added.

“It’s been more than six years since ‘Reply 1988’ finished, but there are still people who are talking about the show and still show their love for Deok Sun. I think everyone remembers it because the drama is so good. Every time I start other projects, Deok Sun’s image will still follow me. However, I think this is the first project that people saw me as the character Dam,” Hye-ri further was quoted as saying.

During the chat, Hyeri also dished on how her boyfriend Ryu Jun-yeol didn’t miss watching each and every episode of “My Roommate Is A Gumiho”. She expressed her gratitude by saying, “He monitored every episode from start to finish. He’s always very supportive and understanding. He always makes me feel respected, and I’m very thankful for that.”

Source: Channel Korea

Aww, that’s very sweet of Jun-yeol!

Source: AllKpop.

The post Hye-ri Says BF Ryu Jun-yeol Monitored Every Episode Of “My Roommate Is A Gumiho” appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments