Interview: Yuna On Collaborating With ‘KIN & Why She Doesn’t Vibe With Fast Fashion

A bit quirky, with a twist – that’s the newly-launched Yuna Hoops, a collaborative effort between Malaysian songbird Yuna and Malaysian Demi-Fine jewellery label ‘KIN.

As a style icon and trendsetter, fans not only look to the 34-year-old singer for clothing inspiration thanks to her vibrant wardrobe choices, but also for her accessories selection. Her latest design of the 1.5” hoop earrings is essentially a reflection of her style and spunky attitude towards life.

In speaking about teaming up with Yuna, ‘KIN co-founders Athiya Hamid and Zaireen Iskandar share, “Yuna has become synonymous with bold and contemporary jewellery, especially hoops. As a brand, we wanted to create a pair of hoops that represented her and that she could call her own, so we worked closely together on this unique piece. These are not your ordinary hoops; they are very much Yuna’s hoops.”

The sculptural Yuna Hoops are made of 925 Sterling Silver and finished with either 18k Gold Vermeil, which requires a minimum of 2.5 microns of at least 18k Gold, or Rhodium. “I love that the design is very minimal and classy – it reminds me of a relaxing day out at the Getty Museum in Los Angeles, looking at art and artefacts,” says Yuna, adding that both she and ‘KIN speak the same style language.

Check out the interview here:

1. You are known for always being well-accessorised, especially in hoops. What do you love about them and how do you like to wear them?

I love hoops because they immediately upgrade your whole outfit. You could be wearing a casual outfit like sweatpants and a sweater, but throw on a pair of hoops and the whole vibe immediately changes. I wear mine all the time for that confidence and style boost, even when I’m working from home!

2. What do you like about the ‘KIN x Yuna hoops?

I love that they’re so unique! The design is very minimal and classy. It reminds me of a relaxing day out, like an excursion to the Getty Museum in Los Angeles to wander around looking at the art and artefacts.

3. How do you feel about Demi-Fine jewellery? Should women consider trying them out?

Definitely! I’m not a huge fan of fast fashion, and this includes fast or costume jewellery. They get ruined so fast. When I was younger, I went through so many pairs of hoops. In retrospect, knowing what I do now, I could have just invested in Demi-Fine jewellery as  they would have lasted longer and been more sustainable. Many statement pieces these days are not available in Demi-Fine options which is very unfortunate, so I’m really happy that I found ‘KIN!

4. What are some ‘KIN qualities that you resonate with?

‘KIN feels like a brand that truly cares about the people who wear its pieces. This is something I strongly identify with – as a musician, I only put out music that I 100% love, or am fully confident in and proud of. I get that same feeling about ‘KIN.

5. What attracted you to a collaboration with ‘KIN?

I love quality jewellery! The only hoops I wear now are those by ‘KIN, I don’t wear other brands. It was a natural decision to collaborate with a label I love and trust.

6. Who do you think will enjoy wearing the ‘KIN x Yuna hoops?

The ‘KIN woman is definitely someone with a strong sense of self. I think someone like me would be drawn to them; someone who has gone through a lot and still remains true to herself. Someone who’s not afraid to shine and who knows how to care for herself and the people around her. She’ll put them on and feel confident that she can take on any challenges that come her way!

The ‘KIN x Yuna hoops are available here.

The post Interview: Yuna On Collaborating With ‘KIN & Why She Doesn’t Vibe With Fast Fashion appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments