“Sorry, If I Hurt You”: Lee Zii Jia’s Tweet From 2014 Goes Viral

Lee Zii Jia (李梓嘉) has been trending on social media throughout this past week. Despite being defeated by China’s Chen Long (谌龙) in the nail-biting match yesterday, many applaud the 23-year-old for his sportsmanship.

The Malaysian badminton player fought a good fight with a score of 21-8 (first set), 19-21 (second set) and 5-21 (final set). This was Zii Jia’s maiden Olympic appearance in Tokyo, and many sports fans were hoping for him to win a medal.

Source: BAM Facebook

There is a lockdown now, many cannot go out or go anywhere. (They are) always watching television and giving their support to us (the national athletes). I wish to apologise for not being able to give them a medal as expected,” the shuttler from Alor Setar, Kedah said after his match.

He added, “In the first game, I was in total control. But in the second game, I threw away many points and had to play catch-up from the start and it didn’t pan out well. At the start of the third game, I lost focus and Chen Long, with his vast experience, knew how to handle the situation. I still have a lot to learn.” Nevertheless, Zii Jia is hopeful he can bounce back.

However, Twitterverse has been having a field day when Zii Jia’s old message from 2014 resurfaced. “Sorry if I hurt (you), I just (want to) focus (on) my badminton,” he tweeted from his iPhone on 19th June 2014 at 10:14pm. As a result, many are speculating if he had broken up with his teenage love when he was 16.

Suddenly girls everywhere are calling themselves Badminton ;p

The post “Sorry, If I Hurt You”: Lee Zii Jia’s Tweet From 2014 Goes Viral appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments