Cathryn Li Accused Of Using Charity Work As Publicity Stunt 

Over the past few weeks, Cathryn Li (李元玲) has been using her Instagram account to help promote local brands ranging from food, supplements, fashion accessories, and more.

Yesterday (Tuesday, 3rd August), the Malaysian influencer uploaded a post of her purchasing weekly essentials at a supermarket and donating those goods at a dedicated foodbank Petron station.

While the 32-year-old beauty was applauded for her efforts in giving back to the community, an Instagram user named @tommy_vercetti247 criticised her for filming her charitable work simply to chase clout and called her “disgusting”.

I am utilizing my platform to share awareness that (Petron Malaysia) is now doing foodbank campaign so people who want to help can donate essentials at appointed station. I am not doing this to fetch for compliments. Quite the contrary, people like you who have done absolutely nothing to contribute to society chose to spread negativity to the community,” Cathryn replied the internet troll.

She screenshot the comment and added on her IG Story, “Actually I’ve been donating every week – sometimes with friends, and other times with my family. I was scolded when people accused me of doing nothing. But when I do post something online, I get scolded again!”

Cathryn Li
Source: IG

It’s the case of “damned if you do and damned if you don’t” scenario, people just love offering their unsolicited criticism.

The post Cathryn Li Accused Of Using Charity Work As Publicity Stunt  appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments