“Luckily I Locked My Car Door”: Netizen Recalls Scary Experience At Petrol Station

It’s concerning to know that safety and security issues are being taken lightly by some individuals, particularly women who are frequently the targets of crimes such as robberies and sexual harassments.

Recently, a Twitter user known as Erah (@ErahSoo) detailed a scary experience she encountered while at a gas station (the exact location wasn’t revealed in detail). According to her, she had just finished refuelling and pumping her tyres and decided to take a short break in her car.

All of a sudden, a car came and blocked her vehicle, much to the netizen’s surprise. A man in his 30s got out of the car and tried to open the passenger side door of Erah’s vehicle. Luckily enough, the woman’s habit of always locking the door upon entering the vehicle literally “saved” her during that crucial time!

“The guy said, ‘Can you open your window or get out of your car for awhile? I didn’t bring my wallet. Can I borrow your cash, around RM50? I can transfer to you now.’ At first I considered borrowing him some money. But then I thought, if I want to give him the money, I have to open the window, which I didn’t want to considering that the place is kinda hidden if something happened,” she revealed.

She then added, “I also wondered why he doesn’t use an e wallet? Because everything’s there at the petrol station – Shopee Pay, GrabPay, TnG (e-wallet), you name it. He could even ask for the staff’s help, or maybe from another (male) customer at the counter/pump. Why did he ask for money from a woman who’s inside the car?”

Following this, Erah then sternly informed the man that she didn’t have cash with her at that moment. She also asked him to move his car. The individual proceeded to move his vehicle after seeing that Erah was about to press her horn. She concluded her post by advising the public, especially women who travel alone, to be careful and make sure to have self-defence devices as a precaution.

Scrolling through the replies, many Twitter users chimed in by revealing that they also had experienced a similar situation previously. Erah’s post has since gone viral on Twitter, with over 14k retweets as of time of writing (Tuesday, 24th August).

The post “Luckily I Locked My Car Door”: Netizen Recalls Scary Experience At Petrol Station appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments