Prosecution Demands 3 Years Imprisonment For Former iKON B.I’s Illegal Drug Case

Former boy group iKON member, Kim Han Bin (김한빈), known professionally as B.I attended his first court hearing on Friday (27th August) in his ongoing illegal drug case. The first trial regarding violation of the Act on the Control of Narcotics was held at Seoul Central District Court.

The prosecution stated that the singer used marijuana thrice between March 2016 and April 2016. The prosecutors also demanded the court to sentence B.I to 3 years imprisonment and 1.5 million KRW (about RM 5,300) in fines for illegal use of marijuana and one account of purchasing illegal LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) in 2016.

Source: Naver

B.I used marijuana a total of three times in March 2016 and April 2016, and he also purchased LSD around that time,” the prosecution stated at the hearing. The prosecution used screenshots of B.I’s KakaoTalk messages to point out and prove his excitement and interest in acquiring the drugs.

According to a report by AllKpop, in his defendant’s statement, B.I stated that, “I have made a completely foolish mistake in the past. I was young and naïve, but even so, I was foolish for what I did. I hurt my family. But through these events, I took the time to look around me and reflect on my past. I will never repeat a foolish mistake like this again.

His legal representative remarked, “B.I admits to his mistakes and is deeply reflecting on himself, as well as on the fact that he caused a great disturbance as a public figure. He made a mistake out of curiosity. The representative added, “Furthermore, B.I is a first-time defendant with no criminal or civil record, and he has carried out community service as well as non profit donations continuously since his debut. The album he recently released is also part of a project to donate all proceeds.

Source: Naver

Ahead of his trial, B.I had submitted a letter of apology to the court before the full-fledged trial on Thursday. In his apology letter, B.I admitted to the charges and commented, “I admit to all of these charges and am self- reflecting.

It was also revealed that B.I’s father also attended the court trial and reflected in tears about his son’s mistake. “I should have educated my child better. It was my fault. I blame myself for showing off my child’s accomplishments with a big head. Please show my foolish son mercy,” he spoke in front of the judges.

Source: AllKpop

Many fans including members of iKON’s fandom, iKONICS showed support for the star and hoped for a better outcome in the final trial. The majority of fans hope that the idol singer regained his freedom and can return to work in the future.

Sources: AllKpop, Soompi, SportsKeeda

The post Prosecution Demands 3 Years Imprisonment For Former iKON B.I’s Illegal Drug Case appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments