(Video) Jenn Chia Was Actually The First To Propose To Jon Liddell

Fans of Jenn Chia (‘So, I’m Jenn (@soimjenn)’ on Instagram) were overjoyed when she announced she was officially engaged. Jon Liddell, her boyfriend of 7 years popped the question with a lovely ‘mamak’ proposal.

As it turns out, this isn’t the first time one of the couple proposed to the other. Jenn recently shared that she was actually the first to propose to Jon! However, he turned her down; for good reason, of course.

Source: Instagram/@soimjenn

On 9th January, the local influencer took to her Instagram story to share more about the proposal and what it meant to her. For most people, a proposal is a pretty huge deal already. However, for Jenn who had been resistant to the idea of marriage, it was literally a life changer. “For more than 6 years, I rejected the idea of marriage,” she admitted. “I didn’t want anything to change because I love the freedom and I love living by our own rules. Then, one day, something personal happened in my life and it flipped the switch.

Jenn decided to propose to Jon on one knee as a way of signalling to him that she was ready to marry. “I knew he wouldn’t accept it,” she stated. “But I had to propose to him to indicate that I’m finally open to getting married.” As we know, Jon said no to her proposal. In fact, the British musician was quite taken aback. Jon apparently told her not to do it as he wanted his marriage with her to begin with a proper proposal.

Source: Xuan

 

<>

<>
<>
<>
<>
<>
<>

View this post on Instagram<>
<>
<>

<>
<>
<>
<>

<>
<>
<>

<>
<>
<>
<>
<>

<>
<>
<>

A post shared by Jenn Chia (So, I’m Jenn) (@soimjenn)

<>

As it turns out, Jon had the right idea! His proposal to her was more than just a declaration of intending to marry her. It was a declaration of his love to her as well. He certainly showed that by choosing to propose to her at a mamak scene. Jenn had been sure it would be the usual proposal. “I was prepared to force a smile for the “marry me” balloons, floor peppered with rose petals, where he’d be in a suit with a bouquet of flowers. And there would be a bunch of people standing around witnessing the event,” she recounted.

To her surprise, it had been an entirely different scene that greeted her instead. “I realise that he knew exactly who I was and what was important for me – I love to laugh, I love oddities, stupid puns, privacy and above all, anything but the conventional,” she shared. The mamak scene had proved that to her and that Jon actually understood who she was.

Sources: Xuan/Instagram/@soimjenn

We’re glad Jenn took the leap and that both of them were willing to wait for each other. Congrats again to the happy couple!

Source: Xuan

The post (Video) Jenn Chia Was Actually The First To Propose To Jon Liddell appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments