6 Fun Facts About Netflix’s K-Drama “Forecasting Love & Weather”

The wait is over guys – one of the most anticipated K-drama of 2022, “Forecasting Love And Weather” (기상청 사람들: 사내연애 잔혹사 편), is all set to premiere this weekend. For those curious, the 16-episode series stars Song Kang, Park Min Young, Yura and also Yoon Bak taking on the lead roles.

Directed by Cha Young Hoon (known for his previous work “When The Camellia Blooms”), “Forecasting Love & Weather” is a romantic comedy series which details the love and professional lives of people who work at the Korea Meteorological Administration (or KMA in short).

The story narrates Jin Ha Kyung (played by Min Young), who vows to never to commit to an office romance after a brutal break-up. She found herself falling for a newcomer in the team, Lee Si Woo (Song Kang), who is different, but attractive in his own way.

Check out 6 fun facts we gathered about this upcoming K-drama series here:

1. Song Kang cut his hair short for his role in the series

Song Kang underwent a minor image change for his role in “Forecasting Love & Weather”. He shared about his character, “Lee Si Woo is a clumsy and weird character, but he seemed to fit me well. Unlike my previous work, he is a cheerful and bright character in this drama. I also had a really short haircut. On one hand, I looked kind of dorky. Turns out there’s something I lack, too.”

2. What drew him to participate in the project?

The actor revealed that he decided to act in the series because of the subject and script. He explained, “I liked the fresh subject of the Korea Meteorological Administration. The story of various characters in that background was also interesting. While reading the script, there were parts that made me smile and laugh, and I found them very attractive.”

Song Kang further revealed that he fell in love is his character Lee Si Woo. “He’s very clear and pure, and he’s also refreshing. He’s bright and optimistic, and he has pleasant energy. But when it comes to the weather, he’s more sincere and serious than anyone else,” the 27-year-old shared with the press.

3. Park Min Young on the show’s challenges

The actress shared, “The topic of KMA was new, but I regretted (my decision to appear in the drama).” She then laughed and further explained, “There’s not really much info about it, so I had to build up my character while watching documentaries. It was fun, but also challenging. so I confidently jumped into the project, and it became one of the hardest projects I ever did. It was very nice and rewarding.”

4. Park Min Young & Song Kang on working with each other

During the session, Min Young revealed what it was like working with Song Kang in “Forecasting Love & Weather”. “I’ve been fortunate to work with great actors,” the “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” star said. “In terms of popularity, Song Kang is hot at the moment. I made a research about him, and I think he has a lot of potential.”

While the “Sweet Home” actor remarked, “I was nervous because I got to work with an actress I’ve seen on TV since I was younger.” 

5. Yoon Bak suffered a hair loss trying to understand his role.

In “Forecasting Love & Weather”, the actor takes on the role as the charming and silver-tongued ex-boyfriend of Jin Ha Kyung, Han Ki Joon. He works in the spokesperson’s office at the KMA. Because he has lived his entire life as a model student, he has a hard time dealing with failure.

“Han Ki Joon is extremely self-subjective. Objectively, he seems like a bad person. But his intentions are pure. In a way, he could seem more attractive because he’s got depth to his character,” Yoon Bak dished on his character’s complex characteristics.

6. Yura auditioned twice for her role as Chae Yoo Jin in the drama

In the series, Yura stars as daily weather reporter Chae Yoo Jin. It was revealed during the event that the Girl’s Day singer had to undergo two auditions before joining the show! “So far, Yura has mostly played strong characters. But when I first met her, she couldn’t have been a healthier person with such bright energy. I chose her because I believed that her energy could bring out something new from the others,” Director Cha explained.

Watch the trailer here:

“Forecasting Love & Weather) will be premiering on Saturday (12th November) on Netflix.

What’s your Reaction?
0
0
0
0
0
0

The post 6 Fun Facts About Netflix’s K-Drama “Forecasting Love & Weather” appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments