M’sian Actor Gambit Saifullah Talks About His Awkward Experience In Playing A Gay Character

Malaysian actor Gambit Saifullah is turning heads with his role as a gay man in TV3’s new drama “Suamiku Lelaki Pendosa”.

In the 28-episode TV series, Gambit plays Izfairin, the supposed “love interest” of Dato’ Aaron Aziz’s character, Dean Ilyas. The Kuala Lumpur-born star spoke to Gempak recently on his experience tackling the queer character.

Source: Instagram

“I’ve already conducted my research before receiving this offer, including what effect the role has on me as an actor, and so on. I know the effects might be pretty bad, for example I have to prepare myself for criticisms, but as an actor, it gives me satisfaction,” the 37-year-old told Gempak.

Dishing on his experience working with the hunky star, Gambit revealed that their interaction was quite awkward at first. According to Gambit, “Of course it’s very challenging. This thing (same-sex relationship) is no longer a stranger in our lives at the present time, and even before. “I admit, it was so awkward during the first day on set. I had to hold a guy’s hand, it was very uncomfortable.”

“Transitioning from my character in the series to being my real self was very tough. To tell you the truth, I would never do this with a man if it was with someone who I’m skeptical of with his status as a real man,” the “Paskal” actor further added in the interview. “I accepted this offer because of Aaron (Aziz), and I already know him personally. But the important thing that matters is the message that we want to convey to the viewers.”

For those who are interested, “Suamiku Lelaki Pendosa” airs every Mondays to Thursdays at 10pm.

Source: Gempak.

What’s your Reaction?
0
0
0
0
0
0

The post M’sian Actor Gambit Saifullah Talks About His Awkward Experience In Playing A Gay Character appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments