Interview: PSYCHIC FEVER from EXILE TRIBE On Their Time In Malaysia & Personal Ventures

When we briefly met PSYCHIC FEVER in May, they hinted that they would be back in Malaysia for their HEAT Asia Tour – and these Japanese sensations kept their promise! The seven-member group completed their first solo concert in Malaysia at Zepp Kuala Lumpur on 21st December, performing all their biggest hits for their Malaysian ForEVERs.

A few days before their concert, we met with TSURUGI, RYOGA, RYUSHIN, REN, KOKORO, JIMMY and WEESA for a quick chat before they took centre stage. We spoke to them as they shared their thoughts about going on their first Asia tour, their plans for the rest of 2024 and their personal goals. Keep on reading to find out more about PSYCHIC FEVER:

SOURCES: TWITTER (@psyfe_official)
SOURCES: TWITTER (@psyfe_official)

The last time PSYCHIC FEVER was here, you guys didn’t have time to explore Kuala Lumpur. Since you’re back in Malaysia and have some free time, what have you guys done so far? Have you done anything fun in KL since you arrived?

JIMMY: We’ve been filming a lot of content in Malaysia, at Mitsui Outlet Park. We also went shopping and we bought a lot of clothes. We also went to Bukit Bintang and walked around the area.

RYOGA: We visited Kuala Lumpur Tower and Alor Street. We had a lot of street food while we were there. It was our first time there and there were many things that we’d never seen before in Japan so it was a very new experience.

We heard KOKORO had the opportunity to catch Bruno Mars’ concert when he performed at Bukit Jalil National Stadium. What was that like? Is this your first Bruno Mars concert?

KOKORO: It wasn’t my first time but Bruno Mars has always been my inspiration so I wanted to catch his performance when I had the chance. I’m very happy to be able to see him perform while in Kuala Lumpur.

Did you go alone?

KOKORO: Yes!

Why didn’t you invite the rest?

KOKORO: *starts apologising to the other members as they jokingly share disapproving looks*

Before PSYCHIC FEVER arrived in Malaysia, you guys performed your first overseas stop for the ‘HEAT’ Asia Tour in Chiang Mai. What was the response like at the show?

WEESA: It was actually our first time performing in Chiang Mai but the fans there were already familiar with our songs and singing along. Seeing that was a very amazing experience for us.

RYUSHIN: Since it was our first time performing in Chiang Mai, it felt very new to us. There were also many fans who flew into Chiang Mai just to watch the concert. Given that it’s the first overseas stop for the “HEAT” tour, I think it was a great start for the rest of the tour.

After a great first overseas show, you’re now here in Malaysia. This isn’t the first time you’re performing here but it is your first solo concert. Do you guys have anything special prepared for the concert in Malaysia?

JIMMY: We actually have a new setlist prepared, compared to the last performance and we’re performing all of the songs from our “Psychic File II” and “99.9 Psychic Radio” albums. At the end of the concert, we’re also performing an unreleased song called “Talk To Me Nice”.

Since you have tons of songs prepared, which song from the setlist are you most excited to perform for your fans in Malaysia? And why?

REN: “Just Like Dat”! It’s our most popular song so the fans are most familiar with it and they can sing and dance along. It also makes me very happy to see them dancing and singing along.

TSURUGI: “Love Fire”. I always look forward to performing this song but we actually met a fan when we were at Pavilion KL and they said that they really like the song. I was surprised that a Malaysian fan is familiar with “Love Fire” so that interaction made me want to perform the song  at our Malaysian concert even more.

WEESA: “Talk To Me Nice”. I can’t wait to see our fans’ reaction to seeing our surprise performance.

JIMMY: “Temperature”. I really like the performance of this song so I want to perform it for our Malaysian fans.

KOKORO: I choose RYOGA AND REN’s special performance – the beatbox and DJ showcase. I personally enjoy it so I’m sure our fans will like it as well.

RYOGA: “Ignition”! Typically, we’d ask for fans to dance along and swing their support towels to the beat. But if they don’t have it, they can just swing their arms or just jump around. Either way, I look forward to performing this song and having fun with Malaysian fans.

RYUSHIN: “BEE-PO”. The lyrics are mostly in English and it’s very catchy so fans can easily sing along. I’m really looking forward to seeing them sing along with us.

@hypemalaysia

#PSYCHICFEVER suprise fans in Malaysia with a performance of their unrelease song, “Talk To Me Nice”! #PCF_inKualaLumpur #PCFinKualaLumpur #PCF_HEATinKL

♬ original sound – Hype Malaysia – Hype Malaysia

PSYCHIC FEVER has performed in so many places in the last year. In July, you guys performed in Paris for the Japan Expo Paris 2024. What was it like performing in Paris?

JIMMY: It was our first time visiting Paris and before our performance, we held a dance class to teach the audience the choreography for our song “Just Like Dat”. But to my surprise, everyone in the audience already knew the moves. I was really happy to see that and I was so impressed. And the performance went really well and the audience was so hyped.

What were the fans in Paris like compared to fans in Asia?

JIMMY: The fans in Paris were always dancing along with us and they’re so full of energy.

After your Asia Tour, PSYCHIC FEVER is going to perform at the LDH Live-Expo 2024. What kind of performances are you preparing for the event? 

KOKORO: It’s been 14 years since we had the LDH Live-Expo at a stadium so we’re super excited about it. Since many groups are participating in this event, we’ve prepared a lot of exciting stages like special collaborations – but we can’t share much so please keep a lookout on our social media to learn more. 

What are you most excited about performing with your fellow EXILE TRIBE artists? Who are you most looking forward to collaborating with?

RYOGA: We’re definitely looking forward to performing with  J SOUL BROTHERS III from EXILE TRIBE. Before our debut, we took part in their concert as a supporting act so it feels very special for us to share the stage with them again since we’ve never had the chance to formally collaborate with them since our debut.

Speaking of LDH artists, PSYCHIC FEVER also took part in Battle Of Tokyo 2024 with Jr. EXILE and NEO-EXILE. The members took part in the Performer Battle and released a song with WOLF HOWL HARMONY. What was it like performing as a team with other LDH groups?

RYUSHIN: WOLF HOWL HARMONY is a group with all four members as vocalists and they’re also our juniors, but during the collaboration, I think we had quite good chemistry. 

So after a busy year, what is next for PSYCHIC FEVER? Are you guys planning to release more music before the end of 2024?

WEESA: We’re definitely releasing a new single and a music video soon!

JIMMY: We actually prepared a lot!

WEESA: Yes, so please look forward to it!

Besides releasing music, is there anything else you want to explore? Like acting or fashion?

JIMMY: Me and WEESA did some runway modelling in Japan recently but we want to try and model at Paris Fashion Week.

KOKORO: This October, I’m actually making my debut as an actor in a Japanese drama. And PSYCHIC FEVER is also performing the opening song for the drama.

RYOGA: I’m currently trying my hands on DJ-ing, so I want to improve my DJ skills. I’m already performing at our concert but I hope to be able to DJ at other events as well.

@hypemalaysia

#PSYCHICFEVER members #REN and #RYOGA got fans hyped up with their impressive beatbox and DJ-ing skills 🤩 #PCF_inKualaLumpur #PCFinKualaLumpur #PCF_HEATinKL @PSYCHIC FEVER

♬ original sound – Hype Malaysia – Hype Malaysia

What are your next goals? What do you want to see PSYCHIC FEVER achieve next? And what are your personal goals?

JIMMY: For the group, one of our biggest goals is to reach No.1 on the Billboard Global chart. We also want to expand our activities to more cities and countries, so we’d like to hold a world tour in the future. As for my personal goals – me and RYOGA have been composing songs for our tours, like the dance numbers. We also worked on the sound mixing for the tour. So I want to try to fully compose all the tracks for PSYCHIC FEVER by the time I’m 30. I also want to try to start a career as a producer.

KOKORO: At the moment, I’m only singing and dancing during our performances but in the future, I want to be able to perform while playing an instrument. So I’m trying to get better at playing guitar, piano and drums while singing.

REN: I want to be able to do beatboxing more globally so I’d like to perform at international events. Me and KOKORO actually went to a beatbox event and that’s when I realised how amazing beatboxing is, so I want to share that experience with others.

WEESA: I’ve been writing lyrics and making demos for a few years now and this year, me and JIMMY released our first self-written song called “Perfect”. So, I want to release more of our self-written songs and perform them on stage. I also want to draw more – I do it as a hobby but I’d like to be more professional.

SOURCE: HYPE MALAYSIA

RYOGA: Like JIMMY, I also want to compose and release more of our self-made songs. Also, since we’ve gone through a lot of hardships to get to where we are now, I’d like to release an autobiography and hopefully inspire others.

RYUSHIN: Recently, I’ve been watching a lot of dance performances, and it made me realise that dancing alone can also move people regardless of language so I want to be able to be in that position where I can touch people’s hearts with my dancing.

TSURUGI: I want to be able to make more people smile. Whenever I perform in front of an audience or see people in the crowd, I make it a point to smile widely because I want others to smile as well. Even for PSYCHIC FEVER, we try to keep everyone happy and smiling because we believe that’s the secret to our success.

You’ve been here in Malaysia a few times but now you’re finally performing at your first solo concert. Can you share a few words for your Malaysian fans who have waited to see you?

WEESA: We’re so happy to hold our solo concert in Malaysia and thank you to those who have waited to see us. And we really want to return soon so please continue supporting us.

SOURCE: TWITTER (@imemalaysia)

Check out the highlight clip from their concert in Malaysia:

The post Interview: PSYCHIC FEVER from EXILE TRIBE On Their Time In Malaysia & Personal Ventures appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments