Interview: Kwon Na-ra On Working With Kim Myung-soo & Lee Yi-kyung In “Royal Secret Agent”

Whether you know her from the K-pop girl group Hello Venus, or her K-drama projects in recent years (“Itaewon Class”, “Doctor Prisoner”, “Your Honor”), it’s hard to miss the presence of Kwon Na-ra (권나라).

In “Royal Secret Agent” (암행어사), Kwon Na-ra plays a female inspector, who teams up with Sung Yi-Gyeom (played by Kim Myung-soo) to uncover various crimes. In this interview, the 29-year-old actress talked about what’s special about this project and how she got along with her fellow co-stars.

1. What drew you to the script and role of “Royal Secret Agent”? Which part of this series did you find most attractive?

The heroes of the people, ‘Amhaengeosa’ (royal secret agent) material, the character Hong Da-in who only knows how to ‘go straight’ for her faith and goals, and the warm power of the ‘realisation of justice’ in the storyline are all attractive. As I read the script, I was really looking forward to the following story about what situations Da-in and the royal secret agent team would meet, and also whose hearts would be comforted and empowered.

As I read the script, the passion and hope in the storyline grew on me. It was heartwarming watching the performances of the royal secret agent team, who were trying to match the harmony while being clumsy and loud. We suffered from a hard year due to Covid-19. I thought it was a series that could give laughter, fun, and hope to all of us, so I really wanted to participate.

2. How do you feel about working on a historical series for the first time? What were the special efforts made to portray your character successfully?

I was worried about expressing the character Hong Da-in in a more friendly and attractive way. I was nervous because she is a character who has a lot of different sides to her. I hope you can see how fearless Da-in is!

3. Tell us more about acting alongside with actor Kim Myung-soo. How was your chemistry?

Since we’re around the same age, our chemistry matched well, and we usually talk a lot. The more we talked, the better our acting chemistry was. Actor Kim Myung-soo seems to be showing a variety of personalities, from Yi-gyeom’s sly appearance to a tough figure that exudes dignity of the royal secret agents’.

Actor Lee Yi-kyung is professional. He was responsible for lots of pranks, but when the shooting began, he got really immersed. And he’s really good at acting slyness so I was always admiring him and our chemistry was great. He’s like a vitamin in the shooting field. The show a good combination of a good script, sensational and pleasant acting, and a synergy created by our growing chemistry.

4. What’s your favourite scene in the series and why?

It’s hard to talk about only one scene, but I would like to pick the scene where I showed up in the first episode. Da-in confronts a nobleman who threatens her. I think it’s a scene that clearly shows Da-in’s strong charm. She says what she wants to say even when it might put her in danger.

Also in the 11th episode, Da-in replied to Yi-gyum “Okay. There is nothing more painful than being unforgettable.” I remember the line. I think it was memorable to unravel the various emotions that Da-in, who looks firm, experienced. I think it reflected exactly what Da-in had been through in her life.

5. What did you like best about your character and experience in this project?

I think Da-in is a character that is hard to define. While she is fluent in singing and dancing, she’s a character full of capacity. She also says what she wants to say. I can see through other people’s minds, but I also have a childlike purity when I’m with the royal secret agent team. When you see your goal, you don’t have any fears.

It’s usually pleasant and playful, but when I’m working, I try to be serious and immersed. But during our spare time, I play pranks with people, and most of all, I try to get comfortable and have fun with my cast mates.

6. Do leave a message to your international K-drama fans!

Hi, I’m actress Kwon Na-ra. ‘Amhaengeosa’ (royal secret agent), where I play Hong Da-in’s role. As it is a comic mystery investigation series with all fun attractions, and rich stories, I hope it can bring a little bit of excitement to the viewers and take your mind off any worries you might have. Enjoy!

The post Interview: Kwon Na-ra On Working With Kim Myung-soo & Lee Yi-kyung In “Royal Secret Agent” appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments