Former Rock Band Vocalist Now Works As Garbage Collector For A Living

It hurts to see how bad the Covid-19 pandemic has affected so many people in the country, regardless of who.

Yazid Alias, a former member of the rock band Sejati, has also been encountering the same setback. In this case, the vocalist made headlines recently after he had to resort to being a garbage collector for a living.

Source: Info Awam

According to Yazid, who is known among fans for his song titled “Bila Bunga Dipetik Orang” back in the 90s, he was no longer invited to perform in any shows due to the pandemic. Despite that, the 55-year-old rocker assured everyone that he’s very happy with his new field of work. In fact, he explained that he never felt embarrassed of his work.

“Although this job is filled with bad smell from the garbage, but I still continue to do so to support my family. Why should I be ashamed because this job is halal, and I don’t mind anything that is offered as long as it can provide sustenance to my family,” he told Berita Harian.

Source: MYKMU.net

In speaking to the local press about his everyday routine, Yazid shared, “Everyday starting at 9am, I will ride my bike, which has been modified to a three-wheeled motorcycle, to collect trash around Kampung Balun. Every house that receives my service will pay me RM10 per month.”

“Some were even generous enough to hand me more money, after they witnessed my earnestness in handling the task,” he further added in the chat. Yazid also said that the residents often assisted him in transporting the garbage in an effort to ensure that the village area is clean and free from trash.

After completing his job by taking the trash out to the rubbish bin provided by the local authority (PBT) near Taman Tasik Yang-Dipertua in Slim River, he will clean his tricycle with desiccated coconut residue. “The residues are sprinkled on the platform part to remove odours and absorb wastewater on the platform before I return to transport garbage at the residents’ homes,” the former celeb was quoted as saying.

We salute Yazid for his determination and hardworking spirit. We wish him all the best!

Sources: Harian Metro via Lobak Merah, Berita Harian.

The post Former Rock Band Vocalist Now Works As Garbage Collector For A Living appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments