Interview: Lee Joo-bin On Her Photography Skills & The Most Interesting Part About “She Would Never Know”

If you’ve watched “The Tale of Nokdu”, “My Only One”, and “Hello Dracula”, then you’re probably familiar with Lee Joo-bin (이주빈).

In “She Would Never Know” (선배, 그 립스틱 바르지 마요), the 32-year-old actress plays Lee Hyo Joo, who adds a tension between Lee Jae Shin’s secret relationship with Yoon Song Ah. In this interview, Lee Joo-bin compares “She Would Never Know” to her other projects, her photography skills, and more.

1. Could you share more about the character you play and some highlights/interesting aspects of your role in “She Would Never Know”?

The role I played is called Lee Hyo Joo, who is the granddaughter of the founder of KLAR, the company brand name in the show. She has everything and always looks so confident and fearless, but she doesn’t quite know how to love others. That’s why she would hurt herself while hurting her loved ones. She is a character struggling between the extremes of reason and instinct.

2. You play a photographer in the drama who is very attractive. How are your photography skills in real life?

People around me always say I am notoriously bad for taking photos, though I think I’m not that bad, they all say it was just so-so.

3. You previously mentioned that you want your character to be remembered as a ‘young and rich’ lady. How did you prepare for your role?

What’s difficult, I think, is that I needed to figure out and visualize the story line of Hyo Joo, which is not presented in the script. It was a challenge for me to express so many deep and strong emotions in the drama.

4. You have starred in several other romantic comedies. What makes this drama different from the others?

The relationship between Song-ah and Hyun-seung in this drama is ordinary, but their feelings are delicate and persuasive, which might be the show’s quality. Their stories are not that different from those in realities. Plus, plots like office romances are prone to become conventional if not elaborated well, but from what I’ve seen, it portrays quite well of how these two people engage with each other from just coworkers into a more intimate relationship.

5. What do you think about the complicated love in “She Would Never Know”?

I think it fully portrays what is likely to happen and feelings we have in our real (lives).

6. Which scene did you like the most in “She Would Never Know”, or what is the most interesting part about the drama that you can share with the viewers?

What impressed me the most was the scene in which the KLAR staff were all dining or working together. It makes me wonder how fun it is to work with such a group.

7. What made you decide to accept the offer to star in “She Would Never Know”?

I think the name of this drama (in Korean it reads “Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick”) is quite novel and Hyo Joo’s cool and confident character is rather appealing to me as well.

8. Were there any unforgettable moments during the shoot?

There was a scene in which Hyo Joo was shouting (outside) the bar, alone in the snow. Though it was just a shot, I felt at that moment I was getting into that character completely as if I were her. That scene was filmed over and over again, and I (caught) a cold from it and (couldn’t) even say a word the next day. Still it was a whole new experience for me, so I remember it quite clearly.

9. As the drama is based on a novel, people might have certain expectations of each character before the drama. Do you have any tips on making your depiction of the character shine through?

The character Hyo Joo is not a villain but she needs to express strong feelings in many scenes, which are no less intense than a villain would do. (I found it) interesting that she would scream out loud and let off steam (while being) totally oblivious of others in the show.

“She Would Never Know” is streaming on all iQiyi platforms.

The post Interview: Lee Joo-bin On Her Photography Skills & The Most Interesting Part About “She Would Never Know” appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments