Raja Ilya On “Ms. Marvel” Audition & Turning Down A Netflix Offer

Remember when Raja Ilya revealed she will be working on a Marvel superhero project some time ago, only to turn it down not long after? The actress took to her Instagram yesterday (Wednesday, 4th March) to clear the air on several claims surrounding the story.

Apart from the upcoming action show, the local starlet also dished that she had also auditioned for several roles in a few overseas projects. According to Ilya, she unfortunately had to reject one of the offers because there was a scene that required her to strip down.

In the first video uploaded on her page, Ilya (full name Raja Ramilah Begum Raja Mohammad explained, “If you were born in Malaysia, some of them (international) will automatically underestimate the quality of our local entertainment scene. Plus, they cannot accept any news hyping about one’s achievements. All those doubts are still occurring to today. In the end, you have to appreciate the quality of your own country.”

In shedding some light about her Marvel role, the “KL Vampires” actress shared that she was shortlisted for the character Kamala Khan in the TV series “Ms. Marvel”. According to her, “I was shortlisted, but I didn’t get through. I heard some rumours that apart from me, there was also this one actress from India who got shortlisted for the role as well. And basically, after the second audition, I didn’t get through.” 

After that, Ilya also dished that she received an offer to star in a Netflix TV series. “The character required me to be nude. It’s a nudity scene and I have to be in an incubator. Well, the money’s good, the opportunity is good, the company is great. But, I thought ‘Do I want to do that or not?’ so I decided, ‘No’.”

She added, “I don’t know who would do that. For some people, they would take on the role as a work of art. It’s individual preference. So for me, I don’t feel comfortable to be naked in the scene, to have any sexual scene or to have any nudity scene. And I said no to that (offer).”

Apart from the two aforementioned projects, Ilya also revealed that she had tried out for other movies like “Star Wars IX”, “Jurassic World 3” and also for the upcoming “The Matrix” franchise.

The post Raja Ilya On “Ms. Marvel” Audition & Turning Down A Netflix Offer appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments