Yuna: “I Don’t Have Time For Games. Like Really… Wassup?”

Yuna wants to get one thing straight – she ain’t got the energy to deal with people wasting her precious time.

There’s a saying that as we get older, our sense of sight and smell might deteriorate. However, there is an upside to that: we get better at sensing bullshit right out of the gate.

Yuna

Yesterday (Wednesday, 3rd March) evening, the singer-songwriter took to Twitter to ask a rhetorical question. It appears that a contact had reached out to Yuna to “test the water” (to gauge a reaction). But she was met with silence after replying “hey back“. “I’m 34. I don’t have time for games. Like really, wassup?” she wrote.

In her followup tweet, Yuna went on to share that sometimes in life, you come across toxic people that “low key wanna see you crash and burn, but are nice to you sometimes“. Instead of giving them the cold shoulder, “you just be nice and… play along?

Yuna

Although Yuna did not put anyone specifically on blast, this situation is something many of us are all too familiar with. Whether it’s a wolf in sheep’s clothing or a snake in the grass – nothing good can come out of associating with them.

Here are some followers who added their two cents:

  • I went through this phase. But then I decided to block these type of people. My mental health is much more important than them.”
  • I don’t play along but I dropped them like they never exist. I gotta save my energy to better and far more worthy things!”
  • Plot twist: life isn’t good for you but you still be nice and playing along.”
  • Happens to me all the time @yunamusic. Learnt to tell myself that these aren’t my friends no more. End of story.”

While the majority feel that ignorance is bliss when it comes to these sort of people, some will still entertain them out of courtesy. What about you?

Source: Yuna.

The post Yuna: “I Don’t Have Time For Games. Like Really… Wassup?” appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments