CL’s Dad Explains Why He Allowed The 2NE1 Rapper To Quit High School

Professor Lee Ki Jin (이기진) has nothing but love and affection while opening up about his close relationship with his daughter, CL (yes, THE Queen CL).

The physicist, who also serves as a professor at Sogang University, appeared on the show “You Quiz On The Block”. He talked about the former 2NE1 member’s teenage years during the chat session.

Source: tvN

“How did you feel when CL said she would drop out of school in the second year of high school?” MC Yoo Jae Seok asked. Professor Lee Ki Jin responded by telling the story of how it happened. He said, “We were driving down Gangbyeonbuk-ro when my daughter suddenly said, ‘Dad, I want to quit school.’ So I said, ‘Okay, do as you want.'” much to Jae Seok and co-host Cho Se Ho’s amusement.

He then continued, “I thought, she probably gave thought to make that decision on her own. So I told her to do as she wants. If I were to ask ‘Why?’ I felt we would go onto say things that we shouldn’t say to each other, so I feel the need to ask. But then, I didn’t even tell her to, but she got her high school diploma through the GED test.”

Source: tvN

The “Wish You Were Here” singer also appeared on the show and revealed the reason she wanted to quit school. CL (real name Lee Chae Rin) began by saying, “I knew he wouldn’t say ‘No.’ I never was told ‘You can’t’ or no before” in addition to expressing her love and respect for her father.

Back when she was a trainee, CL shared that she would attend school from 7am and practice until 3 to 4 in the morning. According to her, she felt that it would be more efficient to put focus on one thing. So, she dropped out of school and was able to make her debut in 2009 with YG Entertainment.

“I felt disconcerted,” Prof. Lee on how he felt after seeing his daughter’s debut. He further explained, “I was proud to see her on TV. But I’m watching her from the perspective of a parent so I was more worried at times. She left my protection and I couldn’t teach her more. So I did felt proud but also unease. It was a combination of emotions.”

During the chat, the professor was also asked about what kind of daughter CL is. “To me, she’s someone with a very healthy mind,” he responded. “She’s a friend that connects with me. She’s a very supportive daughter and amazing friend.” Prof Lee added, “She always sends me the message, ‘I love you’ in text. I love her and she’s one of the biggest reasons I am alive.”

As for CL, the songstress explained that her father is of more a ‘Lee Ki Jin’ rather than a father”. The 30-year-old explained, “We always were like friends. He’s someone who I can really be honest with.”

Source: AllKpop.

The post CL’s Dad Explains Why He Allowed The 2NE1 Rapper To Quit High School appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments