Former AOA’s Mina Apologizes Over Cheating Allegations; Announces Break From Social Media

Following her recent cheating controversy, former AOA (Ace of Angels – 에이오에이) member Mina (민아) released a lengthy apology and announced that she has broken up with her boyfriend during her Instagram live. She also announced her break from social media after her live stream.

On Saturday, 26th June, Mina posted a photo revealing her boyfriend on her Instagram that was captioned with a purple heart emoji. The comment section was flooded with encouraging words from both netizens and her fans as they were delighted to see the warm chemistry and the visuals of the couple. 

Source: Instagram

Shortly afterwards, an individual posted on an online community forum stating that Mina’s boyfriend was actually the boyfriend of her close friend who was referred to as ‘A’. The individual explained that the couple had been dating for three years before Mina first contacted Yoo (his last name) by DM on Instagram. The writer of the post asserted that Mina had been aware of Yoo and A’s relationship and even complimented the couple’s relationship.

‘A’ herself personally spoke up for the first time and clarified the situation on her part through an online platform. She also revealed screenshots of her DMs with Mina when she first realized that Mina and Yoo were involved. 

Mina responded to the allegations in the translated statement below:

“I don’t know if the post was written by the friend of my boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend, but I’m writing this because I don’t want to be criticized. I also don’t want my non-celebrity boyfriend to be harmed. At first, I received a message of support from my boyfriend. I then asked him for a drawing, and at the time, I knew he had a girlfriend. However, he already had concerns about his girlfriend, and we started talking to each other about our worries when we realized the things we have in common and started having feelings for each other. We still do. That’s why I told him I am interested in dating if he breaks up with his girlfriend. His relationship with his ex-girlfriend wasn’t good, and his heart was already closed off to her. Anyway, he said he had settled it before we began dating. I don’t know the details of what my boyfriend and his ex-girlfriend discussed, but I trust my boyfriend and am dating him with good feelings. That was also explained to his ex-girlfriend as well through DM. I write this post because what’s being said is different, and I don’t want to be misunderstood. I really don’t like that this kind of noisy incident is happening again. I’m sorry about that.” 

“The points 1 and 3 are completely different from the actual situation. I didn’t contact him first. My boyfriend did not suddenly cease communication with his ex-girlfriend. He hasn’t even been contacted until now. [His ex-girlfriend] is still not answering any calls. I want to contact her because this kind of post came up. Anyway, it’s a frustrating situation for the person who wrote the post and for me. I’m scared I’m going to go through a witch hunt because of that post. I’d like for you to know the actual facts. Please take it down.” 

Although Mina insists that she only started dating Yoo after he had already broken up with A, some screenshots from A’s friend revealed that Yoo had lied to Mina about his split with A.

On 4th July, Mina held a live stream on her Instagram explaining the truth and apologized. During the session, the former idol member said, “ I would like to admit I was a ‘rascal’ in this case, although the man’s words were all lies. I want to sincerely apologize to his ex-girlfriend and her acquaintances and family members who were affected by this.”

I was also harmed. If he didn’t lied, if I knew the truth, I wouldn’t have accepted him,” she added, “Anyway, the water is already spilled and I should be responsible. I genuinely want to apologize. I won’t let this kind of thing happen in the future. So whether or not the DM’s and comments are well-intended, I won’t reply to any of those anymore.”

Previously, Mina posted a personal apology towards the ex-girlfriend of Yoo and to her fans. She ended the post denying any changes and alterations to her previous statement regarding bullying controversy involving former AOA leader, Jimin.

She concluded, “It’s true that both Mr. Yoo and I cheated. I’m truly sorry to the ex-girlfriend and her acquaintances, who must have been hurt because of me. Thanks for mustering up the courage to upload the post, I ended up learning the truth, and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t blame Mr. Yoo at all. But it’s a definitive fact that I am a perpetrator, and I’ve ended up looking like I only listened to one side and kept insisting that I hadn’t done anything wrong, and I admit that all of this is my fault and am truly reflecting on it.”

Sources: AllKpop (1) (2) (3), Soompi

The post Former AOA’s Mina Apologizes Over Cheating Allegations; Announces Break From Social Media appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments