Netizens Dissatisfied That RapidKL Is Replacing My30 Pass With My50

RapidKL

Yesterday (Monday, 27th December), Transport Minister Datuk Seri Dr Wee Ka Siong announced that the new Rapid KL My50 unlimited travel pass will be replacing My30 pass. This will take effect from this Saturday (1st January 2022) onwards.

Exclusively for Malaysians only, the My50 pass will cost RM50/month, a RM20 increase from the current My30 pass (RM30/month). The My50 pass provides unlimited access to the LRT, MRT, Monorail, BRT, Rapid KL bus, and MRT feeder bus within the Klang Valley.

RapidKL

Many are thankful that at least Rapid KL isn’t reverting back its unlimited travel pass to the pre-Covid cost, which was RM100 for a duration of 1 month. If your travel pass is expiring before this weekend, you’ll still get to enjoy the current My30 pass for another month.

Having said that, there also those who are arguing that now isn’t the right time to increase the public transport fare, given the recent floods that have affected thousands of livelihood. A netizen even remarked that it’s absurd how the powers that be are claiming to put the people first but telling the public they get to enjoy all the perks of My30 but at RM20 more. #SuperJimat right?

On a positive note, at least we know that the My50 unlimited travel pass will remain till the end of 2022.

Featured Image/ Source: Rapid KL.

The post Netizens Dissatisfied That RapidKL Is Replacing My30 Pass With My50 appeared first on Hype Malaysia.



Post a Comment

0 Comments